Go Back

Redington Museum

Company Hours

SundayClosed
MondayClosed
TuesdayNo Hours Listed
WednesdayNo Hours Listed
ThursdayNo Hours Listed
FridayNo Hours Listed
SaturdayNo Hours Listed

Member Discount: $2.00 off adult tour (one discount per card holder)

Accepts Chamber Gift Certificates

The museum is housed in a handsome two story home built in 1814 by pioneer Waterville settler Asa Redington, a veteran of three enlistments in the Revolutionary War and a member of George Washington’s elite Honor Guard. After the revolution he developed the water rights at Ticonic Falls and with his sons Samuel and William established a thriving flour mill on the banks of the Kennebec River. The father of six sons and three daughters, Asa built this substantial home for his son William. Fashioned of great hewn timbers, all hand pegged, it still features the original spiral staircase, fireplaces with period woodwork, and floors of wide pumpkin pine. The newel post in the entrance exhibits the “contractor’s peace stone,” a small smooth polished stone signifying in Colonial times that the project had been completed to both the owner’s and builder’s satisfaction. Today five rooms are furnished with antiques of the late 18th and early 19th centuries from the Redington family, the family of pioneer attorney Timothy Boutelle, and from other early local families. The house has been open to the public as a museum since 1927 and was entered in the National Register of Historic Places.
Hours of Operation
Open Memorial Day Week to Labor Day
Closed on Holidays
GUIDED TOURS: 10:00 & 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 & 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday through Saturday
Labor Day Thru October Open By Appointment
Tour Fees
Adults ages 18 and up $5.00
Children under 18 are free with an adult
We Accept Cash, Checks, Credit Cards and
Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce GC
Resident Caretakers
Bryan and Bonny Finnemore


Please login to update your business