Joe Ezhaya was a community leader who distinguished himself with his warmth, enthusiasm, generosity and particularly, his friendships.
Successful candidates for this scholarship should share Joe’s interest in citizenship, community service and exemplify his spirit and vitality.
- Be currently attending a Mid-Maine Chamber area high school: Lawrence, Winslow, Mt. View, Waterville, Messalonskee, MCI, Erskine, Calvary Temple or Good Will-Hinckley
- Maintain an academic average of a “C” or better
- Must complete a required essay on citizenship
- Must show evidence of community service and involvement
- Be enrolled in an accredited New England College or University
The scholarship committee has determined that:
- The annual selection committee will be selected by an established committee of the Chamber to include no less than one member of the Ezhaya family.
- The Chamber will mail out the scholarship announcement with criteria to all Chamber area high school guidance councilors each year.
- The scholarship will be given upon completion of the 1st college semester each year with a grade point achievement of 2.0 or better. The scholarship is $750 per year for up to 4 years per scholarship recipient.
Deadline for this year’s graduating class is April 19, 2019Ezhaya application 2019