The Marketing Committee is responsible for publicizing Chamber activities and programs to members and the community through various types of media.
One major function that this committee is responsible for is determining the information that is displayed on the Chamber’s Web site, as well as updating the layout and functionality of the Web site, including ChamberMaster software benefits. Furthermore, the Information Services Committee decides upon the material, sponsorships and layout of the InTouch Newsletter, which is a monthly newsletter publication circulated to Chamber members and posted on the Web site. The Committee also is responsible for implementing the Community Connection, which is a double-truck, bi-monthly publication printed in partnership with the Morning Sentinel.
The Business Breakfast Series Committee is a sub-committee of the Marketing Committee. The Breakfast Series Committee meets at the end of the calendar year to coordinate the following year’s Business Breakfast Schedule.
Marketing Committee meets on the 1st Thursday of every other month at Mid-Maine Chamber boardroom. For more information on joining this committee, please contact the Chamber’s office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 873-3315
2017 Marketing Committee
Provide guidance to the staff and board: oversight of the chamber brand; communication between the chamber and its members including the promotion of MMCC activities; communication from the chamber to the communities that it serves and beyond.
- Implement the short (1 yr.) & long term Chamber marketing plan.
- Provide guidance to the Chamber with the following: Web site management (Chamber, Mid-ME Bass & Taste); Social network management (Chamber, Mid-ME Bass & Taste Facebook with Instagram, Snapchat & LinkedIn & Twitter pages) to ensure efficiency while effectively promoting our communication goals; Revamp Web Site (Make more user friendly)
- Upgrade technology in office plus any necessary software. Adobe Photo for video editing and photos and annual fee for Microsoft Products.
- Design, provide content for & publish a quality, monthly newsletter, InTouch, to be mailed & posted on the Web site, a minimum of 11 issues per year. Promote & market Chamber activities, programs, membership news & press releases within the publication. Proofread whenever possible. Email Web site link to members including inserts in body of publication.
- Provide content & design assistance to publish our bi-monthly publication, Community Connection, in co-operation with the Morning Sentinel and post to the Chamber’s Web site. The publication shall be used to market Chamber activities and promote member sponsorships. Proofread whenever possible. Make the public aware that the Community Connection is a product of the Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce. Explore ways to improve by making it less busy. E-mail link to members.
- Committee will continually investigate and recommend ways in which to enhance the Chamber’s brand perception to include but not limited to logo redesign, email template, signs, banners, publication layouts, etc.
- Encourage and promote improvement of staff skills in marketing and IT training.
- Continue to promote Web site and member pages/links whenever possible; provide Web sticker for members to utilize on their Web sites indicating that they are proud members of our Chamber and link to our site if possible. Additionally, make sure all municipalities that the Chamber serves utilize this and spread the word to other member Web site designers.
- Promote Web site banner ads.
- Be available to aid other Chamber committees & staff in the development of new & creative ways to encourage participation in Chamber events as well as encourage members to utilize member benefits.
- Evaluate the performance of Chamber’s technology & our partners to enhance the utilization of technology to more efficiently & effectively achieve Chamber objectives; maintain cloud back up system.
- Produce Map & Guide guidebook. Committee will proofread prior to printing.
- Investigate increased use of Video/Photography perhaps by means of a portable web cam that can be controlled to shoot live video and move around our region. Get good videos/images of fun, cool things that are happening here, adventure stuff that may appeal to KV Connect demographic. Identify and point to cool places to start a small business; for example, show the tin ceiling in an old building. Video young pro in workplace (testimonials). Investigate the use of schools to create videos in their community – JMG programs, Alternative school, etc.
- Boosting of social media posts in order to broaden our reach to potential members, businesses, attendees, etc.
- Co-marketing/partnering and continue to support of tourism promotion efforts by funding appropriate regional marketing efforts.
- Maintain, market & enhance the mobile app. Investigate/utilize push marketing.
- Pull apart articles/snippets from InTouch newsletter and distribute on Facebook & Twitter all month long.
- Seek new members with marketing/communications expertise to enhance committee makeup.
- Web hosting.
- Aid the Chamber staff in developing topics & writing press releases, blogs, & articles to promote the Chamber, its members, Chamber events or regional business news.
- Assist membership committee in promoting events, membership benefits, and members via Facebook live videos and other social media outlets. Track the outcome of those efforts. Research and identify social media trends.
Chair: Rick Whalen
Board Members: Gary Zemrak, Bruce Harrington
Members: Matt Hunt, Shawn Little, Bridget Campbell, Scott MacDonald, Robyn Loubier, Nathan Towne, Bobby Kittridge, Jeremy Martinez, Jill Huard & Sara Barry
Staff: Kim Lindlof, Patricia Michaud, Brittnae DeRoche
Meeting Place: Mid-Maine Chamber Boardroom
Meeting Time: 1st Thursday at noon every month beginning in January
|InTouch||This monthly publication provides a focus on Chamber committee work and resources for small businesses. Each issue includes a message from the President, list of new members, upcoming events, location for Business After Hour socials, membership news and other items of interest to our members. The newsletter is mailed out to the membership the first week of every month except August.|
|Community Connection||The Community Connection is our bi-monthly publication in coordination with the Morning Sentinel. Each issue includes a message from the President, highlights of upcoming events, business profiles focused on two Chamber members and important chamber news, which we feel should be shared with the community and chamber non-members. The Community Connection appears in the Morning Sentinel the first Tuesday of every other month starting with January.|
|Press Releases||Coordinate timely press releases and published articles with various media, other Chamber committees, Chamber members, and relation organizations (KVCOG), emphasizing Chamber accomplishments and Regional opportunities and activities. These releases may appear as inserts in the InTouch or individual mailings to our members.|