The Marketing Committee is responsible for publicizing Chamber activities and programs to members and the community through various types of media.
One major function that this committee is responsible for is determining the information that is displayed on the Chamber’s Web site, as well as updating the layout and functionality of the Web site, including ChamberMaster software benefits. Furthermore, the Information Services Committee decides upon the material, sponsorships and layout of the InTouch Newsletter, which is a monthly newsletter publication circulated to Chamber members and posted on the Web site. The Committee also is responsible for implementing the Community Connection, which is a double-truck, bi-monthly publication printed in partnership with the Morning Sentinel.
The Business Breakfast Series Committee is a sub-committee of the Marketing Committee. The Breakfast Series Committee meets at the end of the calendar year to coordinate the following year’s Business Breakfast Schedule.
Marketing & Membership Services Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of every month at Mid-Maine Chamber boardroom. For more information on joining this committee, please contact the Chamber’s office staff at email@example.com or call 873-3315
2018 Marketing and Membership Committee
To develop, implement and communicate needs of the Chamber and its members. Promote and market Mid-Maine Chamber activities and encourage new membership while providing benefits to its current members.
• Host two new member orientations to be held at the Chamber: March & Nov. 2018. Secure sponsor.
• Select and produce the Business After Hours; secure sponsors. Invite membership as outlined in the annual marketing plan. Continue to acknowledge new members & Board members at BAH to recognize them. Committee members will invite new members to attend and will introduce them.
• Continue Gift Certificate Program; Increase number of businesses accepting certificates & target businesses to purchase them. Advertise as outlined in the annual marketing plan.
• Maximize use by Chamber staff of new CRM for touch points with new members encouraging use of chambers member benefits & engaging in member activities. Committee & marketing director will collectively est. a timeline for new member contact.
• Promote the Chamber Advantage Discount Card (Key tag) Program preferably in the 3rd & 4th quarters maximizing free promotional resources. Provide to new members when joining. Investigate an “electronic” key tag for 2019 distribution.
• Committee members should “follow” the Chambers Facebook page and share all events for optimum social media exposure.
• Review Chamber Marketing plan annually for changes and updates.
• Review Investment Schedule annually no later than Sept. (preferably before the board retreat) & make recommendation to board. Develop an ongoing plan so that set scheduled increases are established.
• Review Chamber Alliance Benefits such as BlueOptions Health Insurance, OneVoice & Dental Insurance and, if desirable, promote through Chamber publications, social media & Website.
• Target non-members through strategic efforts to gain membership.
• Provide guidance to the Chamber with the following: Website management (Chamber, Mid-ME Bass & Taste); Social network management (Chamber, Mid-ME Bass & Taste Facebook with LinkedIn & Twitter pages) to ensure efficiency while effectively promoting our communication goals.
• Upgrade technology in office plus any necessary software. Adobe Photo for video editing and photos and annual fee for Microsoft Products.
• Design, provide content for & publish a quality, monthly newsletter, InTouch, to be mailed & posted on the Website, a minimum of 11 issues per year. Promote & market Chamber activities, programs, membership news & press releases within the publication. Proofread whenever possible. Email Website link to members including inserts in body of publication. Share publication on Facebook and LinkedIn. E-mail link to members.
• Provide content & design assistance to publish our bi-monthly publication, Community Connection, in co-operation with the Morning Sentinel and post to the Chamber’s Website. The publication shall be used to market Chamber activities and promote member sponsorships. Proofread whenever possible. Make the public aware that the Community Connection is a product of the Mid-Maine Chamber. Explore ways to improve by making it less busy. Share publication on Facebook & LinkedIn E-mail link to members.
• Committee will continually investigate and recommend ways in which to enhance the Chamber’s brand perception to include but not limited to logo redesign, email template, signs, banners, publication layouts, etc.
• Continue to promote Website & member pages/links whenever possible; provide Web sticker for members to utilize on their Web sites indicating that they are proud members of our Chamber and link to our site if possible. Additionally, make sure all municipalities that the Chamber serves utilize this; let other member Website designers know. Web Hosting.
• Produce Map & Guide. Committee will proofread prior to printing.
• Co-marketing/partnering and continue to support of tourism promotion efforts by funding appropriate regional marketing efforts.
• Continue support and promotion of bass fishing in our region. Investigate other programs to attract to our region and/or develop a commercial outreach effort. Find out if possibility to partner with other orgs. that could benefit from such promotion like guides, lodging, etc. Sponsor Man vs. Maine Bass Trail.
• Continue with the ribbon cutting program for new businesses that open/relocate/expand in the region.
• Survey membership
Committee Chair: Brandi Meisner; Secretary: Rick Whalen, Bruce White – back up
Board Members: Rick Whalen, Bruce Harrington, Shawn Michaud, Sara Barry, Heather MacKenzie Thorne, Gary Zemrak, Jill Huard and Gary Levesque.
Members: Gary Poulin, Scott MacDonald, Larry Griffin, Seth Carlson, Kim Smith, Kim Hawkes, Phil Bofia, Erin Merrill, Renee Hawthorne, Darlene Ratte, Bruce White, Bridget Campbell, Nathan Towne, Matt Hunt, Shawn Little, Dave Roy, Carly Champine & Kim Smith
Staff: Brittnae DeRoche, Elaine Theriault & Kim Lindlof
Location: Chamber boardroom; Time: 4th Wed., 7:30-9 AM, Jan–Nov; Dec. 19. No July & Aug.
|InTouch||This monthly publication provides a focus on Chamber committee work and resources for small businesses. Each issue includes a message from the President, list of new members, upcoming events, location for Business After Hour socials, membership news and other items of interest to our members. The newsletter is mailed out to the membership the first week of every month except August.|
|Community Connection||The Community Connection is our bi-monthly publication in coordination with the Morning Sentinel. Each issue includes a message from the President, highlights of upcoming events, business profiles focused on two Chamber members and important chamber news, which we feel should be shared with the community and chamber non-members. The Community Connection appears in the Morning Sentinel the first Tuesday of every other month starting with January.|
|Press Releases||Coordinate timely press releases and published articles with various media, other Chamber committees, Chamber members, and relation organizations (KVCOG), emphasizing Chamber accomplishments and Regional opportunities and activities. These releases may appear as inserts in the InTouch or individual mailings to our members.|