The Marketing & Membership Services Committee is responsible for publicizing Chamber activities and programs to members and the community through various types of media.
One major function that this committee is responsible for is determining the information that is displayed on the Chamber’s Web site, as well as updating the layout and functionality of the Web site. Furthermore, the Committee decides upon the material, sponsorships and layout of the InTouch Newsletter, which is a monthly newsletter publication circulated to Chamber members and posted on the Web site. The Committee also is responsible for implementing the Community Connection, which is a double-truck, bi-monthly publication printed in partnership with the Morning Sentinel.
The Business Breakfast Series Committee is a sub-committee of the Marketing Committee. The Breakfast Series Committee meets at the end of the calendar year to coordinate the following year’s Business Breakfast Schedule.
Marketing & Membership Services Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of every month at Mid-Maine Chamber boardroom. For more information on joining this committee, please contact the Chamber’s office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 873-3315
2018 Marketing and Membership Committee
To develop, implement and communicate needs of the Chamber and its members. Promote and market Mid-Maine Chamber activities and encourage new membership while providing benefits to its current members.
• Host 2 new member orientations held at the Chamber.
• Select and produce the Business After Hours; secure sponsors. Invite membership as outlined in the annual marketing plan. Continue to acknowledge new members & Board members at BAH to recognize them. Committee and board members will invite new members to attend and will introduce them. Reach out to larger employee base supports to encourage their employees to attend.
• Continue Gift Certificate Program; Increase number of businesses accepting certificates & target businesses to purchase them. Advertise as outlined in the annual marketing plan.
• Maximize use by Chamber staff of new CRM for touch points with new members encouraging use of chambers member benefits & engaging in member activities. Committee & marketing director will collectively est. a timeline for new member contact.
• Promote the Chamber Advantage Discount Card (Key tag) Program preferably in the 3rd & 4th quarters maximizing free promotional resources. Provide to new members when joining. Reissue new tags to all members and new door stickers to participating members before Sept. 1, 2019.
• Review Chamber Marketing plan annually for changes and updates.
• Review Investment Schedule (membership dues) annually no later than Sept. (preferably before the board retreat) & make recommendation to board. Develop an ongoing plan so that set scheduled increases are established.
• Review Chamber Alliance Benefits such as BlueOptions Health Insurance, OneVoice & Dental Insurance and, if desirable, promote through Chamber publications, social media & Website.
• Target non-members through strategic efforts to gain membership.
• Provide guidance to the Chamber with the following: Website management: Chamber, Mid-ME Bass & Taste; Social network management; Chamber, Mid-ME Bass & Taste Facebook; and Chamber Chatter with LinkedIn & Twitter pages to ensure efficiency while effectively promoting our communication goals.
• Upgrade technology in office plus any necessary software and hardware. Annual fee for Microsoft Products.
• Design, provide content for & publish a quality, monthly newsletter, InTouch, to be mailed & posted on the Website, a minimum of 11 issues per year. Promote & market Chamber activities, programs, membership news & press releases within the publication. Proofread whenever possible. Email Website link to members including inserts in body of publication. Share publication on Facebook and LinkedIn. E-mail link to members.
• Provide content & design assistance to publish our bi-monthly publication, Community Connection, in co-operation with the Morning Sentinel and post to the Chamber’s Web site. The publication shall be used to market Chamber activities and promote member sponsorships. Proofread whenever possible. Make the public aware that the Community Connection is a product of the Mid-Maine Chamber. Share publication on Facebook & LinkedIn. E-mail link to members.
• Committee will continually investigate and recommend ways in which to enhance the Chamber’s brand perception to include but not limited to logo redesign, email template, signs, banners, publication layouts, etc. Revamp/redesign logos.
• Continue to promote Website & member pages/links whenever possible; provide Web sticker for members to utilize on their Web sites indicating that they are proud members of our Chamber and link to our site if possible. Additionally, make sure all municipalities that the Chamber serves utilize this; let other member Website designers know. Web Hosting.
• Produce Better Living in Mid-Maine Guidebook. Committee will proofread prior to printing.
• Co-marketing/partnering and continue to support of tourism promotion efforts by funding appropriate regional marketing efforts.
• Continue support and promotion of bass fishing in our region. Investigate other programs to attract to our region and/or develop a commercial outreach effort. Find out if possibility to partner with other orgs. that could benefit from such promotion like guides, lodging, etc. Sponsor Man vs. Maine Bass Trail.
• Continue with the ribbon cutting program for new businesses that open/relocate/expand in the region.
• Produce and promote weekly “Chamber Chatter” Facebook live events. Upload to Chamber’s Facebook page, website and YouTube Channel.
Committee Chair: Tom Davis; Secretary: Rick Whalen, Bruce White – back up
Board Members: Brandi Meisner, Rick Whalen, Bruce Harrington, Shawn Michaud, Sara Barry,
Heather MacKenzie Thorne, Gary Zemrak, Jill Huard & Paul Gendreau.
Members: Phil Bofia, Bridget Campbell, Seth Carlson, Carly Champine, Jean Conway, Kristen
Harding, Amanda Loubier, Scott MacDonald, Erin Merrill, Donna Mills-Stevens, Lisa
Oakes, Gary Poulin, Darlene Ratte, Bruce White, & Gregory Zimba.
Staff: Kelly Smith, Courtney Squire & Kim Lindlof
Location: Chamber boardroom; Time: 4th Wed., 3:00-4 PM, Jan–Nov; Dec. 18. No July.