Support and promoting interest of the Chamber and its members. Promote and market Mid-Maine Chamber activities and encourage new membership while providing benefits to its current members.
• Host 2 new member orientations/membership refreshers held at the Chamber. Secure sponsor.
• Select and produce the Business After Hours; secure sponsors. Invite membership as outlined in the annual marketing plan. Continue to acknowledge new members & board members at BAH and BBS to recognize them. Committee and board members will invite new members to attend and will introduce them. Reach out to larger employee base supports to encourage their employees to attend.
• Continue Gift Certificate Program; Increase number of businesses accepting certificates & target businesses to purchase them. Advertise as outlined in the annual marketing plan.
• Promote the Chamber Advantage Discount Card (Key tag) Program preferably in the 3rd & 4th quarters maximizing free promotional resources. Provide to new members when joining.
• Review Chamber Marketing plan annually in December for changes and updates.
• Review Investment Schedule (membership dues) annually no later than September (preferably before the board retreat) and make recommendation to board. Three percent increase set for every year with the ability to override if there is a poor economic environment.
• Provide guidance to Chamber staff with the following: Web site management + Social network management for Chamber, Mid-ME Bass & Taste, and Chamber Chatter with YouTube. Utilize LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages to ensure efficiency while effectively promoting our communication goals. Encourage committee members to share.
• Follow guidance of Technology Committee to upgrade technology in office plus any necessary software and hardware.
• Annual fee for Microsoft Products, zoom and Web site hosting fee.
• Design and provide content for and publish a quality, monthly newsletter, InTouch, to be mailed and posted on the Web site. Promote and market Chamber activities, programs, membership news and press releases within the publication. Email Web site link to members including inserts in body of publication. Share publication on Facebook and LinkedIn.
• During each committee meeting, contact five current members per committee member with a handwritten note to thank them for membership and invite them to an upcoming event.
• Provide content and design assistance to publish the bi-monthly publication, Community Connection, in co-operation with the Morning Sentinel and post to the Chamber’s Web site. The publication shall be used to market Chamber activities and promote member sponsorships. Share publication on Facebook & LinkedIn. E-mail link to members.
• Produce Better Living in Mid-Maine guidebook. Committee will proofread prior to printing.
• Co-marketing/partnering and continue to support tourism with the KVTC promotion efforts by funding appropriate regional marketing efforts.
• Continue support and promotion of bass fishing in our region. Investigate other programs to attract to our region and/or develop a commercial outreach effort. Find out if possible, to partner with other orgs. that could benefit from such promotion like guides, lodging, etc. Sponsor Man vs. Maine Bass Trail.
• Continue with the ribbon cutting program for businesses that open/relocate/expand in the region. Secure sponsor(s).
• Promote Web banner/skyscraper ad availability.
• Produce and promote weekly “Chamber Chatter” Facebook live events. Upload to Chamber’s Facebook page, YouTube Channel & Instagram.
• Plan major branding campaign (image lift) to implement in 2022.
• Work with board to implement an ongoing plan to work with local business during Covid restriction periods.
• Determine a method to attract people to move to Maine that can work remotely by marketing our assets to them.
Committee Chair: Shawn Michaud; Secretary: Rick Whalen
Board Members: Heather Thorne, Rick Whalen, Bruce Harrington, Shawn Michaud, Greg Zimba.
Members: Bridget Campbell, Kristen Harding, Erin Merrill, Katie Brann, Amanda Cooley, Darlene
Ratte, Jamie Plourde, and Chris Farrar.
Staff: Cindy Stevens and Kim Lindlof
Location: Chamber boardroom; Time: 4th Wed., 7:30 – 9:00 a.m., Jan–Dec. No July.