The Membership Services Committee is a committee that focuses on increasing membership value for Mid-Maine Chamber member businesses. Some of the major programs that the Membership Services Committee oversees are the scheduling and implementation of Business After Hours networking events, the Chamber Gift Certificate Program, and the Advantage Card Program.
Membership Services Committee meets on the 4th Wednesday of the month at 8:00 AM in the Chamber’s board room. For more information on joining this committee, please contact the Chamber’s office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 873-3315.
2017 Membership Services Committee Program of Work
To develop, implement, communicate and market proactive programs and services that will encourage new membership and provide substantial benefits to the current membership.
- Host two new member orientations to be held at the Chamber: May and October of 2017. Secure sponsor.
- Select and produce the Business After Hours:
- Invite membership via email to every BAH in addition to in the InTouch newsletter, Facebook and Community Connection article – Office
- Continue to acknowledge new members at BAH to recognize them.
- Post BAHs on appropriate Web sites.
- Draw a name to feature as a Member Spotlight in InTouch newsletter.
- Secure a BAH Sponsor and 50/50 sponsor – Office
- Design fun and engaging Minute-to-Win-it challenges for each BAH.
- Maintain & Advertise Gift Certificate Program:
- Include in Community Connection twice per year listing all participants.
- Appear in InTouch as an insert four times annually: May, June, Nov, Dec.
- Increase number of businesses accepting certificates as much as possible.
- Target businesses to purchase Chamber gift certificates – Include insert in InTouch newsletter to get businesses to purchase them for employee bonuses, etc.
- Implement a Facebook LIVE or other social media campaign to promote gift certificate program and members that accept them.
- Promote the Chamber Advantage Discount Key Tag Program preferably in the 3rd & 4th quarters maximizing free promotional resources. Continue to provide to new members when joining.
- Promote Business After Hours events, membership benefits, and Chamber members through Facebook LIVE videos or other social media outlets.
- Work with Marketing Committee to track outcome of social media efforts and to identify new social media trends.
- Maximize use of Content Central.
- Review Investment Schedule annually no later than October (preferably before the board retreat) & make recommendation to board. Develop an ongoing plan so that we have set and scheduled increases.
- Review Chamber Alliance Benefits such as Chamber BlueOptions Health Insurance, OneVoice & Dental Insurance and, if desirable, promote through Chamber publications, social media & Web site as deemed necessary.
- Target non-members through strategic efforts in order to gain membership by working directly with Tanya.
- Grow Committee by attracting new volunteers.
Committee Chair: Brandi Meisner
Board Members: Renee Hawthorne, Darlene Ratte, Rick Whalen, Alison Paine, Bruce Harrington, Shawn Michaud.
Secretary: Bruce White — secretary; Alison Paine — back up secretary
Members: Gary Poulin, Scott MacDonald, Larry Griffin, Seth Carlson, Kim Smith, Kim Hawkes, Phil Bofia, Heather MacKenzie, Erin Merrill
Staff: Kim Lindlof, Tanya Verzoni
Meeting Place: Chamber Boardroom
Meeting Times: 4th Wednesday, 8 AM, January through December except July & August.