2021 Public Policy Program of Work
MISSION: To identify, develop, communicate, educate and/or advocate positions on issues of
importance to the membership of our Chamber.
• Advocate for the betterment of our downtowns’ revitalization.
• Develop and publish position statements when deemed appropriate.
• Communicate positions to membership and general public through whatever communication vehicle(s) is/are deemed appropriate.
• Include standard box in InTouch during the legislative session that has a link to the LD Web site: www.maine.gov/legis/lio/publications.htm
• Participate with city of Waterville’s LaFleur airport committee. Monitor activity. Encourage strategic plan development and marketing.
• Partner with other organizations as opportunities arise to educate our membership on issues that
may affect their business.
• Continue and host “Meet the Reps”. Secure sponsors.
• Review and update White Papers.
• Coordinate a “political” breakfast in Oct. with Business Breakfast Committee. Secure additional sponsors if necessary.
• Actively advocate for the extension of passenger rail to Bangor.
• Promote and/or host Candidates’ Forums with partners.
Chair: Joy McKenna; Co-Chair: Dan Bernier
Secretary: Joy McKenna; Staff: Kim Lindlof
Date and Time: 2nd Tuesday of the month except June-August. Additional meetings TBD.
Board Members: Bruce Harrington, Rick Barry, Joy McKenna, Garvan Donegan, Larissa Larrabee,
Dr. Rick Hopper, Bill Layton
Members: Dan Bernier, Lisa Harvey-McPherson, Elery Keene, John Picchiotti, Dr. Jim Libby, Peter
Garrett, Rob Lester, Samantha Burdick, Tom Davis, Nicole Desjardins, Mark Fisher,
Charlie Gaunce, Beth Gibbs, and Randy Mitchell.