MaineGeneral’s Day of Hope brings our community together with an inspirational ceremony honoring our cancer community, followed by a 1.8-mile Walk for Hope through the beautiful University of Maine Augusta campus, located at 76 Community Drive, Augusta.
The Day of Hope features health screenings, cancer and prevention education, integrative therapy sessions, inspiration and hope – all while raising critical funding for the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care (HACCC), which provides local cancer care for 12 percent of Maine’s cancer patients.
What does MaineGeneral’s Day of Hope support?
Your financial support makes a huge difference! Every dollar raised supports the ever-growing needs of cancer fighters and the HACCC, such as:
- Food insecurity, transportation assistance and other patient needs;
- Patient navigation and financial services;
- Expanded patient access to care through partnerships with Redington-Fairview General Hospital and Franklin Memorial Hospital;
- Expansion of our open access clinic – same-day access exclusively for the urgent care of our cancer patients;
- Equipment and technology upgrades; and
- Expanded access to telehealth services.