In support of advancing the Finance Digital Transformation, this position will be responsible for the Skowhegan factory financial activities and reporting utilizing advanced systems such as MSD365, Power BI, Spotfire, in addition to Shop Floor Control.
Duties include performing all accounting and month-end closing activities inclusive of analyzing & publishing results, setting product standards, driving the development of budgets and forecasts.
This individual will be responsible for safeguarding the assets of the Factory including material movement, conducting Physical Inventories on both Material and Capital assets, and performing interim cycle counts. This position will provide analytical financial business support to the Factory Manager and their operation team.
- Complete monthly close activities according to close calendar and book all journal entries to the general ledger for all transactions impacting the factory.
- Act as the financial representative for the facility. Interact with all phases of operations to ensure proper financial representation is incorporated into all business decisions. The Plant Accountant must integrate with operations and understand the day-to-day workings within the factory.
- Act as business partner to Plant Manager. Keep Plant Manager informed of the budgets, results, forecast and any other financial analysis and be prepared to present this information. Ensure that Plant Manager is kept informed to create fiscally responsible business decisions.
- Analyze monthly results and complete all required reporting activities. Duties include preparing the monthly Factory Financial Package and all other reporting/analysis needs as required. Attendance at all monthly Factory Financial review is mandatory.
- Drive the annual budget process within the Factory. Based on information required, work with Operations, IE, scheduling etc. to develop the annual budget and budget package.
- Calculate & Set Product Standards for styles manufactured in their facility.
- Provide Forecast updates as needed and review performance to forecast.
- Review CARs and providing cash flow analysis and return on investments for requests. Control capital assets including taking physical inventories as required.
- Manage Inventory by ensuring systems and business controls are in place to capture material usage, material movement while maintaining accurate inventory levels. Plan bi-annual physical inventories and reconcile results. Perform interim cycle counts to ensure inventory integrity.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting/Finance with a minimum of five years related experience.
- In depth Cost Accounting knowledge is required
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint obligatory.
- Experience with D365, Oracle and Power BI
- MBA, CMA desired but not required.
- Excellent communication skills are essential; with specific ability to manage up.
New Balance – An Equal Opportunity Employer