Allen Insurance and Financial is 100% Employee-Owned and is looking for a motivated customer service professional to join our group of talented employee owners.Online: AllenIF.com
Location: 51 Main Street Waterville, MaineTo apply: Submit a cover letter and professional resume to Susan Howland at
We are looking for an individual interested in starting a professional career in the insurance industry. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, a strong motivation to succeed and have strong customer service skills. The Receptionist position is a critical role on our team of service professionals. The Receptionist greets customers in person and on the phone and helps direct clients to the appropriate insurance professional within our organization. We are willing to train the right candidate and the successful candidate will need to obtain their Property and Casualty license within six months. This is a great way to start your career in the insurance industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming phone calls and greet incoming clients in a friendly, welcoming manner. Provide superior customer service by directing clients to the appropriate service professional within the organization in a timely manner. Email phone messages to other employee-owners with accurate contact information and message details.
- Manage ordering of office supplies for the Waterville office and ensure supplies remain well stocked.
- Check printers regularly to ensure paper and envelopes are loaded in machines, and copier supplies are maintained in the office.
- Perform opening and closing routines to ensure the office is secured at the end of each day.
- Perform special projects on a weekly basis to help with client support.
- Ensure phone is taken off night ring each morning and ensure appropriate holiday and closed messages are updated for early closures and holidays and door signs are posted as needed.
- Ensure the reception area is neat and well organized to provide a professional and welcoming environment for clients. Help manage conference room reservations and ensure the Waterville conference room remains neat and ready for professional meetings.
- Help to coordinate and arrange catering for company events as requested.
- Arrange for building repairs and service as requested.
- Ability to work on-site in the Waterville office from 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday with a 1-hour lunch.
Education and Experience
- Willingness to obtain Property and Casualty Insurance license within six months of hire.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, preferred
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think independently and display sound judgment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person